All eyes have been on Apple to reinvent the television set, but Sony CEO Howard Stringer recently confirmed that Sony, too, is working on re-imagining the TV. “There’s a tremendous amount of R&D going into a different kind of TV set,” Stringer said during a breakfast hosted recently by The Wall Street Journal. “We can’t continue selling TV sets [as we currently do]. Every TV set we all make loses money.” Stringer said that he has “no doubt” that Steve Jobs h...
Results for: “Home Entertainment” categories
Google announced on Tuesday a new feature of the Android operating system called Android @ Home. The framework and associated functions transform an Android device into a home automation controller that connects and directs all of the devices and appliances in the user’s home. Android @ Home framework can be used to control gaming consoles, lighting, appliances, irrigations systems and anything else developers can envision. Google also announced project tungsten as part of the Android @ Home product, wh...
- Twitter’s two-factor authentication offers limited security
- Android 4.3 seen running on Nexus 4 at the Thailand Mobile Expo
- Samsung Galaxy Young launched in India for Rs 8,010
- Broadcom announces first 5G Wi-Fi combo chips for low-end smartphones, tablets, and PCs
- Microsoft announces Sculpt comfort and Sculpt mobile mice with dedicated Windows key