Researchers from Finland’s University of Oulu might have cracked one of the biggest problems with location-based services – how to provide accurate navigation services when users are indoors and do not have reliable GPS signals to guide them. These researchers, lead by Dr. Janne Haverinen believe that the Earth’s magnetic field could hold the solution. Dr Haverinen and his team have founded a company, IndoorAtlas, which aims to provide indoor navigation services for app developers and device...
Results for: “navigation software” categories
Navteq, a global provider of maps, traffic and location-based data has today announced the launch of 3D maps for 8 major cities of India. The new visual content will offer 3D representation of landmarks for famous monuments and buildings with historic significance. Hit the break to check out features of Navteq’s new 3D maps. (more…)Google+
- Android 4.3 seen running on Nexus 4 at the Thailand Mobile Expo
- Samsung Galaxy Young launched in India for Rs 8,010
- Broadcom announces first 5G Wi-Fi combo chips for low-end smartphones, tablets, and PCs
- Microsoft announces Sculpt comfort and Sculpt mobile mice with dedicated Windows key
- Amazon confirms India not in the list of 170 countries to get Kindle Fire HD