PUBG Mobile, developed by Chinese company Tencent, has just come out with a huge update. The new update 0.4.0, which is now available for download on Android and iOS, brings Arcade Mode, Training Grounds, and many more gameplay adjustments.
Arcade Mode will essentially be a 28-player mode where players can join solo, duo or in squads. The Arcade Mode selects one of the six possible variations of possibilities randomly. And by possibilities it means a game where players only have access to assault rifles or one where they begin with a full inventory. The other mode that has been added is Training grounds where players can basically try out all the weapons to get a better feel of them for when they use them in a real match.
Besides these new modes there are some new adjustments and additions as well, which include a ‘follow’ option that can be used before parachuting and after landing. Doors can now be opened automatically and there are new animations as well. Here’s the full set of update log for you to check out:
PUBG Mobile Update 0.4.0 Patch Notes
– 28 player mode, with each match taking on one of 6 variations.
– 6 variations: Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, Pistols, all weapons, melee only, and item heaven.
– Try out items, weapons, and practice your shooting skills.
– Follow function has been added, can be used before parachuting and after landing.
– Automatic door opening can now be enabled in settings.
– Pause time between picking up multiple items has been adjusted.
– The teammate elimination icon now disappears after some time.
– Adjusted sound effects for footsteps, UI, vehicles, and entering /exiting the Blue Zone.
– Jumping is no longer affected by sprinting.
– The crosshair is no longer blocked by the camera when standing next to a wall.
– 4X and 8X issues with choppiness have been resolved.
– New animations for being attacked and defeated have been added.
– Improved firing animations.
– Leaning improvements: movement and animation speed increased, “Lean & Open Scope” and “Lean & Fire” have been added.
– Enhanced combat experience: shake/vibration improved, button feedback improved, animations while being attacked have been improved and randomized.
– Camera perspective now switches after death to the player who delivered the killing blow.
– Motorcycles now have flipping tricks
– Added Nitrous Oxide engine to cars.
– Previously used vehicles are now be marked on the minimap.
Voice Chat Optimization
– Fixed an issue that caused voice chat to stop working after creating a group.
– Fixed crashing issues that have been reported by some players.
– Improved Bluetooth headset issues in iOS (optimization on this is on-going).
– Fixed an issue occurring with Android phones, that was not properly displaying an error when the game did not have access to a microphone.
– Voice chat is now supported by more devices.
– Added a new background, Dusk
– Players can now swap between a 2 column and 3 column view when opening crates.
– Added 3D touch firing options for iOS.
– Results screen: added a performance chart, daily reward limits are now shown.
– Rank 1 coupons now available.
– Items & cheats now available.
– New outfits now available (region-specific outfit will be available soon!)
– Duplicate outfits can now be destroyed for currency to purchase new items.