App developers Dots & Lines have released Carbon, a third-party app for Twitter for Android smartphone users. Initially scheduled to be released back in July, the app was delayed and after a long-wait is finally available on the Google Play Store for free.
A ‘Holo’-themed Twitter client, Carbon lets you have all your Twitter content neatly stacked on one screen. The app lets you add multiple Twitter accounts and also allows for timelines, lists, favorites, searches, trends, and profiles to be on a single screen.
The features in a nutshell:
- Tilt Timeline to Refresh.
- Power Scroll: Scroll/Swipe up or down using two fingers to jump to top or bottom of Timelines.
- Tap+Hold on Tweets to make everything clickable right on the Timeline.
- QuickTimeline, home screen quick Timeline for Lists, Searches, Trends, etc.
- Timelines with full inline images and videos.
- Rich and HD style for User Profiles.
- Rich and fun Conversation View.
- Threaded Direct Messages.
- Background updates with quick actions for Jelly Bean, per account.
- Username Autocomplete.
- Filters for Hashtags, Users, and Keywords.
The app is currently not available for the Android tablets. For Android phone users, the app can be downloaded here.