comscore
News

Mobile phone catches fire at Delhi metro station

The incident occured at Mandi House metro station.

  • Published: October 29, 2017 9:50 AM IST
delhi-metro-station

A passenger’s mobile phone caught fire at a Delhi metro station today leading to minor smoke. The incident occurred around 12 noon at Mandi House station.

The mobile phone of Mrityunjay Singh (29) caught fire in the concourse area of the metro station, a senior official said.  There were no injuries reported as Singh threw his phone on the floor as soon as he saw fumes coming out of it.

Immediately, he said, an on-duty CISF officer brought in a fire extinguisher and put out the fire. A small group of passengers gathered at the spot, but no one was injured, he said. ALSO READ: Samsung Galaxy J7 emits smoke in Jet Airways flight in India

Singh was heading towards the escalator when the phone started emitting smoke. It is unclear if the phone was a feature phone or a smartphone and what exactly caused it to catch fire.

With inputs from PTI

  • Published Date: October 29, 2017 9:50 AM IST