Pebble has started rolling out a firmware update (version 2.2), which introduces new features alongside the usual bug and stability fixes. The roll out has started this week, and it should take some time to reach all the units.
The new update introduces the ability to reorganize the launcher menu. So instead of scrolling through the long list of apps, you can organize your most used apps at the top for easy access. The Music app on the smartwatch has been redesigned with a song progress bar and volume control. If you are on iOS, you will need to update your app to be able to use volume control and see the progress bar. Another useful improvement includes the alarm, which now vibrates for 10 minutes. Earlier the alarm used to only vibrate for a minute.
The firmware release note follows below:
Pebble Firmware 2.2 (Release Notes)
- The Launcher Menu is now re-orderable. Hold the Select button to re-position a menu item.
- Volume control in the Music app. Hold the Select button while in the app to launch volume controls.
- Music app redesigned: fixes layout issues and adds a track progress bar (progress bar is iOS only).
- Alarm now vibrates for 10 minutes instead of 1 minute.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
iOS Pebble App 2.2 (Release Notes)
- Support for new volume controls in Pebble firmware v2.2.
Added iBeacon support, using Bluetooth Low Energy to know when the Pebble and iOS device are in close proximity to each other. GPS location is not recorded, and impact on battery life is negligible.