For Xperia users who’ve been wondering why they haven’t got Android 4.1 Jelly Bean yet, Sony is slowly answering their prayers and has announced the roll out of the Jelly Bean update on Xperia smartphones released in 2012. The Sony Xperia T, V and the TX are currently getting the update. Along with the OS update, Sony is also upgrading its software bringing in some performance upgrades.
Besides the performance and battery upgrades that comes with the OS update, Sony’s software upgrades too brings in a lot of new features to the phone. Some of the features are as follows:
- Improvements to the Media apps like Walkman, Album, and Movies.
- A revamped home screen with more customization options that can also auto-adjust widgets and apps.
- Improved sorting in the app drawer.
- Changes to the camera app with improvements to the viewfinder, auto scene, and a one-tap button to switch between the front and rear cameras.
- Updates to Google Now, which now delivers fast voice search and improved results for search based on previous activities.
Though Sony has said that the Xperia TX won’t be receiving the firmware upgrade until next month, the Xperia T and Xperia V devices are being updated beginning this week. Users can find more information on the update on Sony website.