Apple’s OS X Lion was downloaded more than 1 million times during its first day of availability, Apple said on Thursday. The Cupertino-based company made the announcement just as Microsoft announced its earnings results for the fiscal fourth quarter — merely a coincidence, we’re sure. Presuming these were paid OS X purchases and upgrades, Apple grossed more than $30 million from Lion in just one day. “Lion is off to a great start, user reviews and industry reaction have been fantastic,” sa...
Result for: “purchases” categories
Earlier this month a company called Lodsys began sending letters to iOS app developers using Apple’s in-app billing system, asking each to license its technology separately. In a blog post on May 15th, Lodsys explained on its website that “the scope of [Apple's] current licenses does NOT enable [Apple] to provide ’pixie dust’ to bless another (third party) business applications.” On Monday Apple issued a response to Lodsys explaining that iOS developers are safe under its licen...
- Xbox One vs. PlayStation 4
- HTC’s new smartphones leave a lot to be desired
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 shipments cross 10 million in three months
- HTC launches Desire 501, Desire 601 and Desire 700 in India, prices start at Rs 16,890
- Qualcomm’s first 64-bit chipset targets Rs 10,000 4G LTE smartphones for China and India