Apple has added three new payment modes including united payments interface (UPI), RuPay and net banking on its India App Store. Earlier Apple only accepted credit cards and debit cards. All of these new modes along with being added to the App Store, have also been added to iTunes. Also Read - Twitter Blue may cost you a lot more on an iPhone, but less on web
The announcement was made via a notification, which read, “New ways to pay for content you love. You can now use UPI, RuPay cards, and net banking to pay on the App Store.” Apple has also set up a dedicated page detailing how users can set up any of the new methods. Also Read - Microsoft may build 'super app' to fight Apple and Google: Check details
The company advises users to be on the latest version of iOS, iPadOS and or macOS to be able to see these new payment options. Also Read - UPI transactions witness a 650 percent rise at semi-urban, rural stores: Report
How to add a new payment method on iOS and iPadOS
After you have updated your iPhone, iPod and or iPad to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, you can follow the given steps to add a new payment method.
- Open the ‘Settings’ panel on your device and tap on the ‘Apple ID’ option.
- Select the ‘Payment and Shipping’ option.
- Sign in to your Apple ID to verify it’s you.
- Tap on ‘Add Payment Method’.
- Follow the steps to add a new payment method.
- You can also tap on the ‘Edit’ option on the top right corner to reorder or remove a payment method.
- You can keep multiple payment methods linked to your Apple ID without any issues.
How to add a new payment method on macOS
- Open the App Store.
- Click on sign-in and then tap on the ‘View Information’ option.
- Click on the ‘Manage Payments option located next to the Payment Information.
- Sign in to your Apple account for verification.
- Click on ‘Add a payment method’ and then select the ‘Add Payment’ option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add UPI, RuPay, or net banking details.