The next update for Fortnite is all set to release this Sunday and the patch notes of the new update 6.21 is out. One of the new things that Epic Games will be introducing this time is offline support for PS4, Xbox One, PC, iOS, Android and Switch. For Nintendo Switch users update 6.21 adds support for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. And the new update also brings support for PS4 and Xbox One controllers on Mac systems.
In terms of the gameplay, the biggest addition in this update are Balloons which will essentially let players float away on the battlefield. The blog from Epic Games reads, “Blow em up and float away, this new addition lets you get around like never before.” Players need to be careful though, Balloons will not carry them across the map, and will pop when they reach their maximum height.
Fortnite Update 6.21 Patch Notes
– Added support for newer versions of PS4 and Xbox One controllers on Mac
– Fixed an issue where holding down the left mouse button would block other inputs in certain conditions on Mac.
– Updated Port-A-Challenge grenade names.
– Improved clarity of where to throw Port-A-Challenge grenades.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
– Balloons added
– Epic rarity
– Comes with 20 deployable balloons.
– Allows the player to defy gravity by holding up to 6 balloons at a time.
– Primary fire button to inflate a balloon, secondary fire button to let go of a balloon.
– Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, Supply Llamas, and Vending Machines.
– NOTE: Don t float too high for too long, balloons only last so long at max build height.
– When grappling as a vehicle passenger, the velocity of your vehicle is factored into the grapple force.
– Only occurs in instances where vehicle velocity will be a net gain to grapple force.
– Grappling as a vehicle passenger will now cause the vehicle to travel in a straight line to its destination rather than traveling in an arc.
– Semi-Auto Sniper
– Guided Missile
– Dual Pistols
– These items will remain available in Playground Mode.
– 25% of explosive damage will now penetrate through structures and the environment.
– We ve finished our first week of Glider Re-deploy being available in all modes. During this time we ve been collecting internal data and monitoring constructive feedback from all of you. We understand that not all players agree with this change, but we would like to continue with this functionality in the game based on the positive results we ve been seeing.
– As this feature remains available, we ll begin making quality of life changes to its functionality. First of which will be prioritizing Glider audio over weapon audio within certain ranges, this will begin in v6.21. We also plan on adding additional changes in future updates.
– Thanks for the discussion and feedback you ve provided. Please continue letting us know how we can improve this feature, your thoughts on its effect in matches, and any other feedback you may have as we continue to work on Glider Re-deploy.
Additional Gameplay Changes
– Grass updates more frequently resulting in smoother animation.
– Added support for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and newer versions of PS4 and Xbox One controllers on Mac
– Fixed an issue where picking up a trap could cause a hitch.
– Certain bindings will no longer override the ability to use the fullscreen map and spectating actions.
– Fixed the delay between using multiple Small Shields.
– Fixed an issue where inventory could get stuck when using the Grappler while picking up an item.
– Map zooming with trigger buttons works on Switch again.
– Intensified Fiend Hunter Crossbow fire sounds.
– Reduced volume of Cube Monsters and dynamic spawners.
– It s now easier to hear gliders while shooting or harvesting.
– Fixed sniper projectiles playing the wrong impact sounds when hitting Cube Monsters.
– Fixed Boogie Bomb music not playing for Cube Monsters.
– Fixed a bug causing Quad Launcher rocket explosions to reset when scrubbing replays.
– Optimization to reduce hitching on Android phones using Vulkan.
– Snap-to-value slider added to the HUD Layout tool.
– Widgets that should not have had editable visibility shown will now be properly hidden.