Fortnite’s newest update for the week, Update 6.02 is now here and it has brought with it numerous fancy things that definitely fall in the cool category. There is a new limited time mode called Disco Domination, a new weapon called the Quad launcher, and Save the World also gets a new weapon. Describing the new limited time mode, Epic writes, “Break out your best moves and take control of the dance floor in this new Limited Time Mode.” Players will essentially have to take control of a point in the map by dancing and defending from their enemies.
Epic writes in its notes, “Five dance floors will appear on the map whenever the storm is not moving. Emoting on a dance floor when no enemies are present will raise a disco ball in the center of the floor, and capture it for your team. The more friendly players dancing on a floor, the faster it will be captured. Once a floor is captured, it will begin filling the team’s “dance bar” on the HUD, until either an enemy stands on it or the current storm timer ends and the storm begins to move. The first team to fill their dance bar to 100% will win the match.”
The Quad Launcher is a rocket launcher that is much more efficient than the other one and is a legendary weapon. It will fire four rockets in quick succession without having to reload after each shot.
Epic Games has also announced that it will be launching physical copy of Fortnite in association with Warner Bros for Switch, Xbox One, PS4 . It will be called the Deep Freeze Bundle and will be made available in India on November 16 at an expected price of Rs 2,999. The bundle will consist of Frostbite outfit/skin, Cold Front glider, Chill-Axe pickaxe, Freezing Point back bling, and 1,000 V-Bucks. It will not have a disc inside but a voucher to get the bundle ingame in Fortnite Battle Royale.
As for Fortnite Update 6.02 here is the full patch notes
Limited Time Mode: Disco Domination
It’s time for the ultimate dance-off. Dance Floors have spawned around the Battle Royale island. Take them over by clearing out any enemies and then dancing to raise a disco ball up from the floor. The team that fills their meter the fastest by capturing and defending the dance floors will win the match!
– Two teams of fifty players.
– Respawning will be turned on until the third (last) storm circle.
– Five dance floors will appear on the map whenever the storm is not moving.
– Emoting on a dance floor when no enemies are present will raise a disco ball in the center of the floor, and capture it for your team.
– The more friendly players dancing on a floor, the faster it will be captured.
– Once a floor is captured, it will begin filling the team’s “dance bar” on the HUD, until either an enemy stands on it or the current storm timer ends and the storm begins to move. The first team to fill their dance bar to 100% will win the match.
– The dance floors in the later stages of the match fill the bar more quickly, so don’t give up if your team is behind!
– It is not possible to build on or over the dance floors, but they can be protected by surrounding them with a fort.
– Glider redeploy is activated in this mode, press jump while falling to use your glider.
– This mode uses 50v50 levels of loot and resources.
Weapons + Items
– Quad Launcher
– Fire up to four lobbed rockets in quick succession.
– Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
– 80/84 base damage per rocket.
– 300 unit explosion radius.
– Can be found in chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
– The Port-a-Fortress has returned and can be looted in-game.
– Port-a-Fortress availability lowered from 2.43% to 1.83%.
– Loot drop rate adjustments
– Decreased common Pistol drop chance from 5.8% to 5.47%
– Increased Epic Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle drop chance from 0.33% to 0.42%
– Decreased Rare Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle drop chance from 0.92% to 0.71%
– Increased Epic Heavy Sniper Rifle drop chance from 0.33% to 0.4%
– Increased Legendary Heavy Sniper Rifle drop chance from 0.07% to 0.13%
– Decreased Rare Grenade Launcher drop chance from 1.45% to 0.99%
– Increased Epic Rocket Launcher drop chance from 0.59% to 0.66%
– Increased Legendary Rocket Launcher drop chance from 0.08% to 0.21%
– Increased Epic Guided Missile drop chance from 0.11% to 0.2%
– Increased Legendary Guided Missile drop chance from 0.03% to 0.05%
– Removed a change that was inadvertently introduced in v6.01 which caused Bonesy to bark more than was intended.
– Fixed an issue that caused moving circles to be closer to the previous safezone than intended.
WATCH: Forza Horizon 4 Gameplay
– Fixed some hitches on Switch caused by blocking loads of UI data.
– Increased the texture pool size on Xbox One, which should avoid some issues with blurry textures and improve rendering performance.
Art + Animation
– Skull Trooper styles have a visual issue when viewing the Outfit from the Locker.
– The Outfit still appears properly in-game.
– This issue will be fixed next patch.