World s most popular game right now, Fortnite has retired one of its most popular guns, the Drum Gun. Yes, some players will be really heartbroken to hear this, but this gun, which was introduced only in July this year, has been put to bed prematurely, v5.40 content update that Epic Games is rolling out. Also Read - Fortnite's next big live event likely happening next month, here are the detailsAlso Read - Indonesian Minister urges govt to ban Fortnite in the country: Here's why
The Drum Gun, had a very high rate of fire and could hold upto 50 rounds in its magazine, making it a monster of a gun in close and medium range. Players were rather fond of this gun because it allowed players to clear out multiple opponents without having to reload. Besides this the high rate of fire meant that it became a very effective weapon against buildings. Players used this gun as a deterrent for other players to stop them from building to protect themselves. Also Read - Fortnite leaks: Lebron James to be next Icon Series member, Holly Hatchery POI, Alien Nanites, and more
But the new v5.40 content update, also adds a new Suppressed Assault Rifle which is going to be useful for those stealth plays. The gun has precision, but it compromises on recoil which Fortnite guns are not known for. It has a damage of 32/33 per shot, and should be effective even in long distances.
The High Stakes challenges are still live which means players can still try their hand at The Giveaway, and there s a new LMT this week. For Save the World enthusiasts, Agent Rio has now joined the roster and the Weekly Horde Challenges now have new Husks that are more aggressive and deadly.
WATCH: PUBG Beryl M762: All you need to know
Here are the patch notes for Fortnite v5.40 Content Update
LIMITED TIME MODE: THE GETAWAY
– Players in the Getaway LTM can no longer land on the van without building.
– Reduced the Victory music at the end of a match.
– Jewel will no longer appear in inventory hotbar after being put in the Down-But-Not-Out state.
– Player models will no longer get stuck under the van after winning a match.
– Player models and items will no longer fall to the ground after winning a match.
– Enforcer Outfit no longer appears distorted to other clients from certain distances.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
– Suppressed Assault Rifle Added.
– Sneaky weapon that rewards trigger discipline with precision.
– Can be found in Vending Machines, floor loot, Treasure Chests, and Supply Drops.
– Available in Epic and Legendary Variants.
– 32/33 damage per shot.
– Vaulted Drum Gun
– Sub-Region Matchmaking added for Southeast Asia.
Save the World:
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
Weekly Horde Challenge 6 is now available:
– This week, deploy your portable Fort against hordes of assassin Husks and players have no shields!
– Earn Field Agent Rio for the first-time completion.
– This challenge is also repeatable for Event Tickets.
– New Mythic Outlander Field Agent Rio, has been added to the Weekly Horde Challenge.
– Features new Subclass Rook
– New Perk Phase Cannon: Phase Shifting empowers the equipped ranged weapon causing the next shot fired to shoot a Phase projectile which pierces enemies and deals 60 base energy damage. Switching or holstering weapons removes the effect.
– Mythic Ninja: Bladestorm Enforcer no longer appears distorted to other clients at certain distances.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
– Wraith Assault Rifle added to the Weekly Store.
– A silenced assault rifle with excellent headshot damage that maintains impressive accuracy when fired in controlled bursts.
– Equipped with a suppressor that greatly reduces the distance that enemies hear gunshots.
– Available Wednesday, September 12 at 8 PM ET until Wednesday, September 19 at 8 PM ET.