The newest update for Fortnite is out with version number 6.22, and it has brought with it some exciting new additions. There is a new weapon this time around which makes people wonder how Epic Games waited this long to add this to the game.
The biggest addition to this update is the new weapon, which is the new Heavy AR that will be added to the Battle-Royale mode. This weapon is essentially modeled after the AK-47 which happens to be the most popular and well known assault rifle in the world. There is also a new mode in Battle-Royale which is called Team Terror. Epic Games explains on its blog, “Two teams battle it out while Cube Monsters add to the fun in this large team Limited Time Mode.”
There is another new limited-time mode that is called Blitz, which has been described as “a faster-paced version of Battle Royale. The match begins with the storm moving towards the island, and the delay between each circle is shorter than normal, creating matches that are 15 minutes long or less. The map also has extra loot and resources. Profile Stats count in this mode, so fight hard for the Victory Royale.”
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) November 5, 2018
There is also new NFL-themed outfits that will be hitting the stores on November 9, and is a result of Epic Games and NFL teaming up. The rest of the details can be found on the patch notes below. These will be based on real-world jerseys.
Fortnite Update 6.22 Patch Notes
Limited-Time Event: Team Terror
Monsters have invaded the Battle Royale island! Two teams will battle it out as Cube Monsters monsters join the fight. Defeat the other team to earn a Victory Royale.
– Two teams of 32 players. Eliminate the other team to win.
– Monster spawners are scattered throughout the map and also appear each time the storm closes in to a new circle.
– Monsters can drop weapons or ammo when destroyed. Gold monsters and monster spawners drop Legendary items when destroyed.
– Farming resources increased 75% over default.
– Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
– Floor loot spawns double ammo.
– Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
– Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
– Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
Limited-Time Event: Blitz!
Blitz is a faster-paced version of Battle Royale. The match begins with the storm moving towards the island, and the delay between each circle is shorter than normal, creating matches that are 15 minutes long or less. The map also has extra loot and resources. Profile Stats count in this mode, so fight hard for the Victory Royale!
– The storm is already moving in at the beginning of the match, choose your landing spot carefully!
– Wait time between storms is significantly shorter than usual; maximum match length is 15 minutes.
– Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
– Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
– Reduced empty floor loot spawn chance from 21.5% to 3.55%
– Resource harvesting amounts increased by 50%.
– Increased materials found on the ground from 30 to 60 per instance.
– Increased number, spawn rate & the descent speed of Supply Drops.
– Increased number of llamas spawned by 4x.
– Removed shopping carts.
Weapons + Items
Heavy Assault Rifle
– Can be found in floor loot, chests, Vending Machines, and Supply Drops
– Available in Rare, Epic and Legendary Variants
– Deals 44 / 46 / 48 damage
– 3.75 Fire Rate
– Has a magazine size of 25
– The Pumpkin Launcher has been reverted back to the standard Rocket Launcher.
– We’ve reduced the spawn rate of Balloons from 12.2% to 2.3%.
Storm max damage cap changed back to 8 damage from 10 damage.
– Players hit by a Boogie Bomb while holding Balloons will no longer have physics issues. They will now properly drop the Balloons.