We have seen some phenomenal games introduced since 2010. Some of these games have changed the way the industry is seen, and gaming in general has emerged from the shadows with online multiplayer games taking over the world.
Online games such as Dota 2 and Counter Strike Global Offensive have been creating history with tournaments like The International and ESL which have broken into the list of top paying sports tournaments of the world. Since last year, a new genre of battle royale games has taken a strong foothold in the industry, namely the PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds and Fortnite.
This doesn’t mean that single player games have fallen behind in any aspect. We have had excellent games that has left both critics and gamers in awe. We have had several franchises pop up in this time and many of the older one have produced some excellent games as well.
And though this decade still has a couple of years to go and many new games to come, some of which we have already seen at E3 2018. Here is IMDb’s list of the “Top 10 Video Games of the Decade (So Far)” as rated by IMDb visitors. IMDb writes, “IMDb uses ratings from its visitors worldwide to determine this list of the highest-rated video games.”
Let’s take a look at the list of top 10 video games released after 2010 along with its ratings.
1. God of War (2018) – 9.9
2. The Last of Us (2013) – 9.8
3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (2015) – 9.8
4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine (2016) – 9.8
5. Grand Theft Auto V (2013) – 9.7
6. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (2016) – 9.6
7. Mass Effect 2 (2010) – 9.6
8. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Hearts of Stone (2015) – 9.6
9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011) – 9.5
10. Red Dead Redemption (2010) – 9.5