There are rumors abound that Tencent Games is suspending its services in India. But let us begin by mentioning that these are not true. The game servers of PUBG Mobile were taken down for a day from April 4 to April 5 in select countries. But there is a whole different explanation for that. Tencent Games in China announced that the servers will be down for a day to honor the martyrs and people fighting the coronavirus pandemic. The game servers were down only in mainland China and Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan regions. Also Read - PUBG Mobile have shared stats about the 2nd anniversary celebrations
In fact there was a statement put out by the Chinese branch of Tencent which said the following. “To express deep condolences to the martyrs and compatriots who died in the fight against New Crown Pneumonia, Tencent Games will be suspended for one day from 0:00 on April 4 thin, including mainland China and Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan regions. May the dead rest in peace, may the living work hard, and may the motherland flourish.” Also Read - PUBG Mobile 2nd Anniversary Retro Arcade Festival: All you need to know
But many new outlets incorrectly reported that it is down in India as well. The PUBG Mobile India team has not shared any information with us regarding the same. Also Read - PUBG Mobile Chinese beta version gets Library Map, new game mode
Previously PUBG Mobile shared some stats which show that the game saw 600 million total downloads and 50 million daily active users (excluding China). Over the last two years, PUBG Mobile has offered its community a staggering number of innovative new game modes, collaborated with global leading IPs, entered into mobile esports and created a gamin community of its own.
The PUBG Mobile 2nd Anniversary Recap is a throwback that gives users access to not only personal data but also never-before-seen PUBG Mobile gameplay numbers.
PUBG Mobile 2nd anniversary: Key highlights from game modes
– 10.5 Billion Zombies were killed by players in their mission to survive till dawn
– 1.05 Billion players were infected by the virus and turned into Zombies
– Only 1.77 Million players managed to survive the horrors of the Darkest Night
– A whopping total of 5.40 Trillion shots were fired while combating the Team Deathmatch
– 119.2 Billion players were killed in 2019 Team Deathmatches
– M79 was the Super Weapon of choice for the Payload
– 7.9 Billion vehicles were turned to scrap metal in the RageGear mode. (A little known fact is that they built the amusement park using this scrap metal)