South Korean company PUBG Corp. has been pondering over whether it should bring the flare gun to the main maps of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds and not just restrict it to the event modes. And to decide this, the company will be bringing the flare gun to another event that will run for 10 days.
This event mode that will begin on September 20 and will continue till September 30 will see squad games on Erangel for both FPP and TPP. The purpose of this is to understand the effect a flare gun has on the gameplay of a normal match.
Before we give the details about the new event mode, let’s do a recap of what the flare gun is. Flare guns are side arms available in PUBG which don’t deal damage but have another purpose. The Flare Guns can be used to call in a special care package to the location it has been shot from. There are few conditions to shooting the Flare Gun, and making sure that the drop arrives. To begin with, the flare needs to be shot straight in the air and must reach a height of 200 meters. Two care packages cannot be called at the same time.
The special loot crate dropped will have much more loot than the traditional loot boxes, enough to fully equip one player to the maximum for a solo match. The drops include two care package weapons (100 percent chance), level 3 armor (100 percent chance), and normal care package supplies when fired inside the circle, but when fired outside it will drop an armored UAZ.
And here are the patch notes of the new mode
– STARTS: Sep 20, 7pm PDT / Sep 21, 4am CEST / Sep 21, 11am KST
– ENDS: Sep 30, 7pm PDT / Oct 1, 4am CEST / Oct 1, 11am KST
– 4-man squads on Erangel (All Regions)
– NA/EU/AS: TPP & FPP
– KR/JP/SEA/OC/SA: TPP
– Squads of four players will fight on Erangel
– Flare Guns will spawn randomly all over the map, but are very rare.
– A plane will drop a special care package if the flare is fired inside the safe zone.
– A plane will drop a special vehicle if the flare is fired outside the safe zone.
– An icon on the map will show all players the location where a special care package has – dropped.
WATCH: PUBG Beryl M762: All you need to know
OTHER EVENT RULES
– 4-person squads only. Auto-matching is switchable to On/Off
– Weather is set to Sunny
– Red zones are enabled
– General care packages are enabled
– Killer Spectating is enabled
– Friendly fire is enabled