PUBG PC is all set to bring a new update version 23.1, which is a minor follow up to the update 23. Update 23 was a big update that introduced some new things while the new patch fix will be fixing some bugs, adds a paid name change option, introduces a new customizable emote wheel with three new emotes available for purchase with BP and more.
PUBG has characterized itself with regular updates, and though the new release is not a big one, it is more of a patch fix. But it does bring an option that people have been craving for a long time, which is the ability to change one’s name. And there are some significant changes to the Emotes in the game as well.
Here are the patch notes of the PC Update #23.1
– For technical testing purposes during this test server period, players will receive a name change item through the Player Care Package upon login.
– This item is only available on the test server and will be distributed until Nov 20, 6pm PST / Nov 21, 3am CET / Nov 21, 11am KST.
– Replay version has been updated, replays from previous updates are no longer playable.
– The voice chat is available in the custom match before game starts.
– Improved the in-game emote system.
– Added an ‘Emote’ tab in the ‘Customize’ menu.
– You can add/remove emotes you own to the Emote menu for use in game.
– You can also see animations of the emotes you’ve selected on the character to the right of the screen.
– You can have up to 12 emotes active at a time.
– Improved item visibility when you equip items on the Appearance menu.
– When you select an item in the Appearance tab, equipped items will now be hidden from the character in order to show the selected item clearly.
Skin & Item
– A paid nickname change item has been added to the store. The standard price is $9.99.
– This item will be $4.99 (50% off) from November 21 to December 5.
– 2018 PKL Items (Limited 3 items) are available.
– You can purchase various emotes from the store using BP.
– Three new emotes are currently available: ‘AIR GUITAR’, ‘DRAW!’, ‘ZAPPED’
– Improved the 3D character render to be more smooth when previewing skins or gear.
– Fixed an issue where pressing ESC while leaning would maintain the leaning stance.
– Fixed an issue where sometimes a character would be shown as under the ground with only their face showing – while waiting in specific areas before the game starts.
– Fixed an issue where helmet skins applied in the lobby are sometimes delayed from appearing on looted in-game helmets.
– Fixed an issue where characters can’t pick up a dropped melee weapon again after dropping it on specific stairs in Erangel.
– Fixed an issue where grenades would sometimes damage an incorrect area.
– Fixed an issue that the camera angle would move into the character’s body when walking into destroyed wired-fence.
– Fixed an issue in the custom game that in-game team list doesn’t match while switching over spectating teams with Page Up/Down keys.
– These hotfixes have been applied to the live server.
– Fixed an issue where the voice channel shown was not the active one.
– Fixed an issue where character model was shown as the opposite gender in the store preview screen.
– Fixed an issue causing a game crash when other players pick up an item while you are picking up same item with specific amounts.