Sea of Thieves has grabbed a lot of eyeballs and has successfully become one of Microsoft’s most sold games. And all this in just more than a week since it was released. The game has seen some stormy weather since launch with some serious server issues for players.
The new update from the Sea of Thieves dev team is sure to bring some relief, after a whooping 19.53 GB download. The update is now live on the Xbox and PC servers after a maintenance session. Rare said that it has made the update big in order to make sure that it has addressed all the concerns of the players.
“This is a full game update as opposed to just a patch. It contains a wide array of fixes across our services, stability and game experience. We felt the priority here was releasing the improvements to our player base. For our next client update, we plan to send out a much smaller patch size.” Said the official blog about the patch notes.
The current update addressed a lot of bug fixes and like heads of snakes turning out backwards, Black Dog item pack not showing up and chests that can’t be picked up. The developers have even added a video to the blog, where it states that the demand for the game is higher than ever and it just wants to make the game playable for everyone.
The company is keeping an ear out for useful tips from the players themselves and say it would be incorporating the ones that it suggests. Take a look at the patch notes yourself.
- Players who have redeemed their Black Dog Pack pre-order code will now correctly see these items in their in-game chests. Not received your code? Check your Xbox Live messages over the next couple of days.
- Characters should no longer lose details such as hair colour and scars.
- When digging up a chest, there is no longer a chance that it will be impossible to pick up
- Players should no longer intermittently be missing items and weapons when loading into the game
- Weapon, clothing and ship cosmetic changes made after migrating server will now persist across sessions
- Players will now correctly see other players titles
- Snakes will now behave correctly, turning to face the player when agitated
- Animal and skeleton movement around slopes has been improved
- The game will no longer enter an unresponsive state after accepting a game invitation whilst matchmaking
- Merchant Alliance notifications for handing in various items have been corrected
- Lighting has been tweaked in order to improve performance on multiple islands and outposts
- Fixed tinnitus sound which persists after being killed by multiple explosive barrels.
- Seagulls now fly over floating barrels.
- Players can no longer be held by a seemingly invisible Kraken tentacle.
- Fixed a range of potential game crashes.
Significant performance optimisations across all platforms, specifically targeting the 4K native resolution of Xbox One X.
- Drastically reduced the likelihood of tearing when using the small ship.
- Reduced the likelihood of tearing when inside the Taverns.
- Sizeable framerate improvements when traversing large islands.
- Reduced likelihood of framerate hitches when navigating outposts.
- Optimised Foliage for smoother experience in overgrown jungle areas.
- Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Player gold and reputation can be delayed when cashing in a reward.
- Player achievements can be delayed.
- For an update on both of these issues, please read our Launch Update written by Executive Producer, Joe Neate.
- Bounty quest skeletons sometimes do not spawn or cannot be found.
- If you encounter this bug, a potential work around is to sail away from the island until it’s out of range, and then sail back in to trigger the Island Name banners.
- Joining a player whose ship is parked at an active skeleton fort will prevent the joining player’s radial menus being opened.
- Rare Lore Items throughout the world will read in English, regardless of current language settings.
“Hunter of Cursed Crews”, Commendation is not updating.
- Players may become comically smaller after fighting the Kraken.
The developers have also mentioned that since players were not happy with the feature called “Death cost”, it has decided to not move forward with this feature.