PUBG has been a wildly popular game on Android, and more so in India than anywhere. And as if in a cue to that, its parent company Tencent has announced a PUBG Mobile Campus Championship in India. Tencent in association with Oppo is going to hold the tournament with a total prize pool of Rs 50,00,000. The tournament will be running for a whole month from September 26 to October 21 and the final is set to take place in Bangalore.
The PUBG Mobile Campus Championship 2018 will feature only college students from more than 1000 colleges from over 30 cities across the country. The championship will be streamed across social media platforms for eSports enthusiasts across the country to view and follow the championship.
Squads of four players from any campus in India can participate and compete. After four knockout rounds including the semi-finals 20 teams will be shortlisted for the finals to compete at the grand finals. Registrations will be open via the official PUBG Mobile website from September 7 to September 23, 2018.
The tournament will have following special awards for the matches at the Grand Finals
– MVP – Overall Best Player with maximum number of MVP awards
– The Executioner – Awarded for maximum kills overall
– The Medic – Awarded for highest number of revives
– The Redeemer – Awarded to the player with highest amount of health restored
– The Rampage Freak – Awarded for maximum kills in one lobby
– The Lone ranger – Awarded for Maximum Time Survived in game
This tournament comes after PUBG Mobile became the most downloaded game on Play Store in the last quarter.