WhatsApp has now made it easier to add new contacts for its users with QR codes. The method bypasses the tedious method of inputting the number and the name of a new contact to send them a message. WhatsApp QR codes can be created and scanned from both Android and iOS in a few simple steps. Here we will be taking a look at how you can create and scan QR codes using your smartphone. Also Read - WhatsApp chat history migration feature new details emerge: What it will be like
How to create/scan WhatsApp QR codes on Android
- Open WhatsApp and tap on the three dots located on the top right corner.
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Inside the setting’s menu, tap on the QR code option located on the right side of your Name.
- There you will see two options: My Code and Scan Code
- You can share a screenshot of the My Code page or make somebody else scan it to get your contact.
- You can use the Scan Code page to open the QR Code scanner, to scan others’ WhatsApp QR code.
- Once the code is scanned the contact gets added to WhatsApp.
- If you have a screenshot of the code, you can tap on the gallery icon inside of the Scan Code page, where you can then select the code to scan it.
How to create/scan WhatsApp QR codes on iPhones
- Open WhatsApp and tap on the Settings tab at the bottom.
- Tap on the QR code that appears next to your name.
- Inside of the QR code screen tap on if you want to show your QR code, or do you want to scan a code.