As part of another bizarre incident, which involves Apple products, a pair of AirPods was found to be working after being removed from a dog’s stomach via surgery. Despite being swallowed, the Apple TWS was fine without any scratches or teeth marks. Also Read - Flipkart Apple Days sale: iPhone 12, iPhone 11 and more iPhone models up from sale with discount
A Golden Retriever, going by the name Jimmy thought the AirPods to be an Easter Egg treat. Here’s what happened. Also Read - iPhone 13 new leak shows it will be thicker than iPhone 12, larger camera bump
AirPods in working condition after dog swallowed them
It is revealed (via a report by Vets Now) that the incident took place on April 4 (Easter) when Rachel Hick was all set to feed Jimmy with an Easter treat. The excited dog jumped too high, which knocked the AirPods out of her pocket. Also Read - Next-gen MacBook Air renders revealed, gets iMac-inspired design and colours
This is when the dog swallowed the AirPods (along with the charging case) when they fell on the floor.
Hick, via a statement to Vets Now, said, “He looked up at me straight after and gave me a look as if to say ‘that wasn’t the treat, was it?’ My heart sank.”
The dog was rushed to the hospital where an X-ray, as well as a radiograph of his digestive system, was taken. The images found the AirPods and the case to be intact (with the light being on) and were easily removed after surgery was performed.
Although, the doctor was worried about the AirPods being an obstruction and the risk of battery leakage through the case, which can be harmful to dogs even to us humans.
Following this, Jimmy was brought home safe and sound and had a cone around his neck to safeguard the stitches.
It goes without saying that the products such as the AirPods should be kept safe and unreachable to the animals.
This incident is another testament to the fact that Apple products are undoubtedly able to withstand a lot than expected.