The latest Android distribution numbers are out and Google’s fresh treat, Oreo, is yet to gain momentum. Google has released the Android distribution numbers for November where the newest Android version is recorded on 0.3 percent devices. Also Read - Free Fire Max launch in October: Better graphics, minimum requirements, Firelink technology and moreAlso Read - Google Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro: Design, camera, colours, launch date, every rumour you need to know
Although Oreo debuted in August, its visibility became evident only last month and it is yet to be adopted on compatible devices. Other than Google’s own Pixel range of phones, Huawei and HMD are the only manufacturers to adopt Android 8.0 Oreo version. The numbers are likely to improve when more companies roll out the latest update at the beginning of 2018. Also Read - Epic Games vs Apple: Court wants Apple to allow developers use alternative payment methods
When it comes to previous Android versions, Android Nougat recorded a slight boost as compared to last month. Version 7.0 is running on 17.6 percent while Nougat 7.1 version is running on 3 percent devices taking the total number to 20.6 percent. ALSO READ: How to get Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 3, Mi 4 right now
Android Marshmallow is running on 30.9 percent devices, slightly lesser than its share last month of 32 percent. The third-most running Android version is Lollipop which acquires a total of 27.2 percent (combining version Lollipop 5.0 and Lollipop 5.1).
The oldest Android versions, Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich, still continue to run on 0.5 percent devices, which is more than the current share of Oreo distribution in the market. Jelly Bean acquires a total of 6.2 percent while KitKat stands at 13.8 percent. ALSO READ: Xiaomi Mi A1 will get Android 8.0 Oreo update by end of the year
Last month, Oreo debuted on the distribution chart by running on 0.2 percent devices. Android Marshmallow emerged the dominant version in October, while Lollipop was the second-most popular after Marshmallow, with a 27.7 percent share of Android devices in the same month.