Apple has delivered on its promise, and the second update to iOS 8 has been released. iOS 8.0.2 essentially fixes all the issues caused by the botched up iOS 8.0.1 update that included no cellular connectivity and TouchID failure for iPhone 6 users. Also Read - Meet Indian developer who wins Apple Design award for his music app NaadSadhanaAlso Read - iPad Mini for 2021 to ditch fat bezels, could bring along new Apple Pencil Mini
Apple issued an apology for the inconvenience caused by the iOS 8.0.1 update, and in a statement to CNBC, said that fewer than 40,000 iPhones were affected by the iOS 8.0.1 update. “iOS 8.0.2 is now available for users, it fixes an issue that affected iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users who downloaded iOS 8.0.1, and includes improvements and bug fixes originally in iOS 8.0.1. We apologize for inconveniencing the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users who were impacted by the bug in iOS 8.0.1.” Also Read - iOS 4 is now available again on modern iPhones, complete with Home button: How to get it
The update also patches the third-party keyboards, Reachability, Photo Library, SMS/MMS messages, and more. Here s the complete changelog to give you an idea of what this update brings with it.
– Fixes an issue in iOS 8.0.1 that impacted cellular network connectivity and Touch ID on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
– Fixes a bug so HealthKit apps can now be made available on the App Store
– Addresses an issue where 3rd party keyboards could become deselected when a user enters their passcode
– Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from accessing photos from the Photo Library
– Improves the reliability of the Reachability feature on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
– Fixes an issue that could cause unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS/MMS messages
– Better support of Ask To Buy for Family Sharing for In-App Purchases
– Fixes an issue where ringtones were sometimes not restored from iCloud backups
– Fixes a bug that prevented uploading photos and videos from Safari
The iOS 8.0.2 has been seeded out over-the-air, and you can download it immediately by visiting Settings -> General -> Software Update.