Apple released its newest iOS version, iOS 12 less than a month back, and now the company has released its newest update which fixes a few issues with the OS. These issues with the mobile operating system from Apple has been widely reported as soon as the OS hit the devices. These issues include a bug where some of the iPhones running iOS 12 will not charge if the lightning cable was attached when the device display was not turned on.
In its new iOS 12.0.1 update Apple reports that this issue has been fixed, but it stresses on the iPhone XS version, though the issue was not just isolated to the XS version of the iPhones and even affected some iPads. But we have to wait and see if the fix has been applied to all devices or just the iPhone XS.
Some of the other issues that the new OS version brought with it was one where iPhone XS devices would not connect to the faster 5GHz Wi-Fi connection but the slower 2.4GHz network. Besides this there were also issues with subtitles in the video apps, and then the positions of the ‘.?123’ were not in their usual position on the iPad keyboard.
To apply the new update, users need to head to Settings > General > Software Update and select “Download and Install”. The update can also be installed physically using iTunes and connecting the iOS device to a computer.
WATCH: Apple iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR First Look
Here is the full update log of iOS 12.0.1
– Fixes an issue where some iPhone XS devices did not immediately charge when connected to a Lightning cable
– Resolves an issue that could cause iPhone XS devices to rejoin a Wi-Fi network at 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz
– Restores the original position of the “.?123″ key on the iPad keyboard
– Fixes an issue where subtitles may not appear in some video apps
– Addresses an issue where Bluetooth could become unavailable