Another entertaining week has come to a close. From launches to debates, and secret projects being revealed, this week kept us entertained all throughout. The week kicked off with the launch of the LG G6 in India, and is now retailing exclusively on Amazon India for Rs 51,990.
Then, things got extremely interesting the next day, when the first ever footage of Google co-founder Larry Page’s secret flying car was released. Then just a day later, there were news reports gushing in of Page’s partner Sergey Brin working on a similar project. And the cherry on the top was the following news of ride hailing service Uber working on project “UberAIR”, where passengers could book themselves a flying car.
Back on Earth, Facebook held an event revealing some important new figures with regards to the platform, like the Messenger reaching 184 million monthly active users in India. Also, keeping customization at its core, Facebook made some India-specific announcements, in addition to some other new features, like camera frames for the Indian audience.
To catch you up with any big story that you missed, below is a crisp round up of the top tech news of the week.
- LG G6 launched in India, priced at Rs 51,990: Specifications, features
- LG G6 hands-on and first impressions
- Samsung Galaxy S8 vs Apple iPhone 7 vs LG G6 vs Google Pixel: Price, specifications and features compared
- LG G6: Why LG needs to re-strategize its pricing in India to stay relevant
- Watch the first footage of Google co-founder Larry Page’s mysterious flying car
- Not just Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Uber is also working on a flying car
- Google co-founder Sergey Brin secretly working on a zeppelin airship
- Facebook has over 184 million monthly active users in India; rolls out reactions for Lite app, camera effects for India, and more
- Cloning Snapchat Stories worked beautifully for Instagram, it now has 700 million monthly active users
- Facebook Lite: Don’t let choppy internet hold your emotions
- Nokia 3310 India pricing, availability to be announced in coming weeks: HMD
- Nokia 3310 to go on sale in Europe next week; India launch expected in June
- WhatsApp privacy issue: Government to soon have regulatory regime for data protection