Another interesting week in the tech world draws to a close with product and service launches are the prime highlights. It began with Microsoft s anticipated EDU event where the company took the wraps off its newer Windows 10 S operating system along with announcing a new Surface laptop, an app for viewing mixed reality, and much more. Also Read - Best smartphones for photography under Rs 20,000 to gift for Father's DayAlso Read - Forza Horizon 5 available for pre-orders: Price in India, editions and more
Following it was the launch of the OPPO F3 in India. A variant of the F3 Plus, the F3 has been priced at Rs 19,990 and aims to soothe the selfie needs of consumers with its dual camera on the front. The launch came on the heels of rival brand Vivo launching its V5s another selfie-centric smartphone in the previous week. Also Read - Everything Xbox and Bethesda showcased during E3 2021: Age of Empires IV, Xbox mini-fridge and more
It is well known the kind of popularity Xiaomi enjoys in India. By offering high-specced affordable phones, Xiaomi has won over the hearts of price-conscious consumers. In a bid to further expand its presence, the company announced that it will be soon opening its first-ever dedicated store in the country. The Mi Home store will be opened in Bangalore and will showcase Xiaomi s smartphones as well as its smart ecosystem products.
India is seen as a test bed for newer technologies which in turn also help the populace make the most of the resources. Furthering its drive to bring more connectivity in the country, Facebook officially launched its Express Wi-Fi service this week. The service builds on existing mobile networks and aims to help expand connectivity in regions with higher demand but lower access to the internet.
Another important event in the tech world happening this week is the launch of the South Asia Comunication Satellite by ISRO. The satellite aims to boost connectivity among nations in the SAARC region. Prime Minister Narendra Modi called the GSAT-9 satellite a gift to India s South Asian neighbors.
Let us also give you a sneak preview before the next week begins, that more information will be trickling in on May 8 about the much-awaited re-launch of Nokia 3310 in India after 17 years. As for the week gone by, below is the crisp roundup of the top tech news of the week.
Microsoft Surface Launch
- Microsoft Surface Laptop vs Apple MacBook Air: The battle of ultra-portable, lightweight laptops
- Microsoft adds new tool to Minecraft: Education Edition to help kids learn coding
- Microsoft Windows 10 S wants you to stick to its default browser
- Windows 10 has 300 million daily active users globally: Microsoft
- Microsoft Windows 10 S: Redmond s new low cost OS that caters to education
OPPO F3 Launch
- Oppo F3 with dual-selfie cameras launched for Rs 19,990: Specifications, features
- Oppo F3 vs Vivo V5s vs Gionee A1: Price, specifications and features compared
- Oppo F3 Review: The one for your selfies and groupfies
Xiaomi Mi Home Store
Facebook Express Wi-Fi
- Facebook Express Wi-Fi goes live in India; here s everything you need to know
- Express Wi-Fi in India: We need Facebook, Google and many more to drive a data revolution
ISRO South Asian Satellite Launch
- ISRO successfully fires off South Asian Satellite from Sriharikota spaceport
- ISRO to launch GSAT-9 SAARC South Asian satellite from Sriharikota today
- ISRO to launch South Asia Satellite on May 5; here s everything you need to know