The last week of September was certainly an eventful one with so many developments that took place in the technology space, especially smartphones and computing. Three flagship smartphones entered Indian landscape this week, and they are the Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and the Nokia 8. The country also witnessed the first-ever India Mobile Congress this week where a host of announcements was made by smartphone makers and technology across the world. Most importantly, anticipated by many the Reliance JioPhone finally began shipping earlier this week and allow us to fill you in with more details below. Also Read - Apple Music Lossless, Spatial Audio features with Dolby Atmos coming soon to IndiaAlso Read - Apple sells more iPads in early 2021 than ever, grows along with Samsung
First off, the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus smartphone announced by Apple last month are now available for sale in India. The new iPhones sale kicked off yesterday online and offline in various part of the country. Also, Reliance Jio is hosting Apple iPhone 8 sale via MyJio, Jio.com, and retail outlets along with a 70 percent buyback scheme. Various other e-commerce and offline retailers have their independent schemes ongoing in order to lure customers to buy the latest iPhones. To put things in perspective, prices for iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus starts from Rs 64,990 and Rs 73,990. The two smartphones come in 64GB and 256 GB storage variant and are powered by the company’s latest A11 Bionic chip. Also Read - Apple Podcasts Subscriptions and channels go live in 170 countries starting today
HMD Global, on the other hand, released the Nokia 8 smartphone in India this week priced at Rs 36,999. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC and flaunts a dual-camera setup on the back designed by Carl Zeiss. The USP of the Nokia 8 lies in the fact that it can capture a video or photograph using both the rear and the front camera at the same time. This means you can capture the person facing the rear and yourself facing the front of the phone in a single picture, video or live stream that Nokia calls a ‘Bothie’ and ‘Dual Sight’. The smartphone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box and is upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo and Android P both.
Further, Reliance JioPhone delivery which was being postponed for a long time finally commenced this week. The company started delivering the ‘effectively free’ 4G VoLTE-enabled feature phone for September 24 and is said to deliver around 6 million units in a 15-days time period. If you booked a JioPhone unit and have not received it yet, you can track the order via MyJio app or call Jio s customer care. While the smartphone doesn’t ship with the HDMI cable to connect to TV, it was recently been demoed at the IMC 2017 where company streamed video content via the cable to a bigger screen.
Speaking of India Mobile Congress 2017, the first-ever event in India saw dignitaries and personalities speaking on various topics, while many companies expressed their plans of expansion in an Indian landscape. Also, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 was announced the ‘gadget of the year’ at the recently concluded IMC 2017. Huawei, the Chinese manufacturer present at the event declared that its Bengaluru based R&D center is now the largest among all it global center. Whereas, Lenovo took the stage to announce Lenovo K7i smartphone with ‘Mosquito Away’ technology targeted at the Indian market.
Besides, Apple also announced the macOS High Sierra for Mac desktop and MacBooks. The new OS comes with a bunch of user enhancements and refinements. The new macOS adds the new Apple File System (APFS) for storage and High-Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) for 4K video among few key features. Coming to the end of the month, currently, everyone has their eyes on the Google event slated for October 4. The company is expected to unveil the new Pixel 2 smartphones along with mini Google Home Speaker, new Chromebook OS, and other announcements.
Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus India Launch
- Apple iPhone 8 India sale: Flipkart offers up to Rs 23,000 on exchange of older iPhones
- Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus India sales to kick off today: Everything you need to know
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus: How to use Portrait Lighting
- Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus launched in India with 70% buyback offer from Reliance Jio
- Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus launch: Short queues, high enthusiasm
- Reliance JioPhone deliveries begin; here s how to track your order
- Reliance Jio to deliver 6 million JioPhones in 15 days
- Reliance JioPhone hands-on and first impressions: A smart feature phone
Nokia 8 India Launch
- Nokia 8 first impressions: Comeback of the flagship brand with a flagship phone
- Nokia 8: Here s how the bothie dual-camera setup works
- The Nokia 8 gets the pricing right, but just how right is it?
- Nokia 8 vs OnePlus 5 vs Honor 8 Pro vs LG G6: Price, specifications and features compared
- HMD Global confirms Android P upgrade for all Nokia smartphones
India Mobile Congress 2017
- India Mobile Congress 2017: LG to unveil new K-Series smartphones
- India Mobile Congress 2017 to start today: Here s everything you need to know
- MediaTek MT6739 quad-core SoC unveiled at India Mobile Congress 2017
- India Mobile Congress 2017: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 wins Gadget of the Year
- 5G deployment in India best suited through 700MHz, anchor bands : Ericsson
MacOS High Sierra
- macOS High Sierra: 10 features to look forward to
- macOS High Sierra preview: Apple aims to boost performance and productivity
- macOS High Sierra update now rolling out; how to install, features and all you need to know
Google Pixel 2
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL price, storage variants, colors leaked ahead of October 4 launch
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL leaked yet again ahead of October 4 launch
- Pixel 2 squeeze feature spotted in latest Google app APK teardown: Report
You Might be Interested