Another week comes to end with some major events and in case you missed out on these earlier this week, here’s a quick digest for you. At the beginning of this week, we saw the Xiaomi Mi A1 being launched globally powered by Google‘s brainchild Android One platform. Xiaomi Mi A1 holds a lot of significant among other smartphones by the Chinese manufacturer as it is the first smartphone to come out of the stable with vanilla Android experience. With the Xiaomi Mi A1 smartphone, Google once again brought its ambitious Android One platform for developing countries to the forefront after a gap of almost two years. Also Read - Samsung Galaxy S22 series India variants might be powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC
The Mi A1 is priced at Rs 14,999 and comes with good specifications including the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core SoC, 4GB of RAM, 64GB onboard storage and dual rear camera setup that has a pair of 12-megapixel sensors with 2x optical zoom, and up to 10x digital zoom. The Mi A1 is also the company’s first smartphone with a dual rear camera setup in India. Check out the top five features of Xiaomi Mi A1 below.
Another Android smartphone that launched this week is from Vivo. Called the Vivo V7 Plus, the smartphone packs a 24-megapixel selfie snapper with a 16-megapixel shooter at the back. Other features of the smartphone include a 6-inch FullView display with aspect ratio of 16:9, Snapdragon 450 octa-core chipset, 4GB RAM and 64GB onboard storage. Priced at Rs 21,990, the smartphone will go on sale from September 15 via Flipkart. It runs on Android Nougat 7.1 based Funtouch OS 3.2.
One of the biggest announcement this week came from WhatsApp when the instant messaging platform confirmed that it will soon be launching WhatsApp for Business app. The enterprise edition of the cross-platform messaging app was spotted in wild earlier when BookMyShow, an Indian ticketing platform, appeared to run a verified business account. WhatsApp has confirmed that the business app will be free for small enterprises. However, biggies will have to pay for the enterprise services. WhatsApp for Business will allow companies to notify their customers of details like booking confirmation and other operations along with service via text message with a verified account.
Further, wrapping this week we await two major launches that will take place next week – Apple iPhone 8 and Samsung Galaxy Note 8 in India. The two smartphones from rival companies are all set to cause some disruption in tech space. Both the companies have sent media invites for the launch event. While Samsung has already made the Galaxy Note 8 official and the spec sheet is out in open, we wait for the price and availability of the flagship phablet in the Indian market.
Apple, on the other hand, is currently gearing up to launch the much awaited 2017 iPhones at the newly construction Steve Jobs Theater in the new Apple Park campus. The Cupertino giant is said to launch three smartphones – iPhone 8 aka iPhone X, iPhone 7S, and iPhone 7S Plus.
Xiaomi Mi A1
- Xiaomi Mi A1: From dual cameras to Android One OS; here are the top 5 features
- Lenovo K8 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi A1 vs Coolpad Cool Play 6: Price, specifications, and features compared
- Xiaomi Mi A1 hands-on and first impressions: Pure and simple
- Xiaomi Mi A1 launched in India; all you need to know about the first sale
- Xiaomi Mi A1 will get Android 8.0 Oreo update by end of the year
Vivo V7 Plus
- Vivo V7+ top features: From FullView display to 24-megapixel selfie camera
- Vivo V7+ Hands-on and First Impressions: FullView screen and excellent front camera
- Vivo V7+ available for pre-order on Flipkart, shipping starts September 15
WhatsApp for Business
- WhatsApp announces it s testing WhatsApp for Business edition
- WhatsApp for Business registers BookMyShow as its first client, Ola and OYO to join soon
- WhatsApp starts testing verified business numbers
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 confirmed to launch in India on September 12
- Watch the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 go through a durability test
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 pre-registrations begin in India, expected to go on sale from September 25
Apple iPhone 8
- Apple iPhone 8 aka iPhone X rumor roundup: OLED display, dual camera, design and more
- Apple iPhone 8 manufacturing faces delay, will come without Touch ID sensor: Report
- Apple iPhone 8 likely to cost big bucks and Samsung is reportedly to blame
- Apple iPhone 8 storage variant and price leaked, may not be launched on September 12: Report