BlackBerry is launching its first BB10 smartphone in India on February 25. The company sent us a ‘block your date’ invite and is hosting the launch event in Mumbai. India is one of the first few countries where the Z10 has been launched as BlackBerry opted for a staggered launch approach than going with a simultaneous global launch. Also Read - Review: BlackBerry Z10Also Read - BlackBerry Z10 launched in India for Rs 43,490
To prepare for the launch, BlackBerry has tied up with HCL and Redington for setting up 100 new service centers across the country. The new BlackBerry 10 operating system is the company’s last hope for survival and the Z10 is the first device to run on it. BlackBerry will also launch the Q10, which would have a physical QWERTY keypad, in the second quarter of this year. We expect the BlackBerry Z10 to be priced between Rs 37,000 and Rs 40,000. We will be on ground to cover the India launch. Also Read - BlackBerry has a better chance at succeeding in India than Windows Phone
BlackBerry Z10 specifications:
- Processor: Dual-core 1.5GHz.
- Display: 4.2-inch, 4 point multi-touch LCD display, 1280 x 768 pixel resolution at 356 DPI, Touch On Lens.
- Camera: 8-megapixel rear facing camera, auto=focus, 5X digital zoom, 1080p HD video recording; 2-megapixel front facing camera, 3X digital zoom, 720p HD video recording.
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB Internal Storage, hot swappable microSD slot.
- WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n, 2.4/5GHz.
- GPS: Assisted, Autonomous, and Simultaneous GPS.
- Battery: 1800mAh Removable; Talk Time: up to 10 hours on 3G; Standby Time: up to 305 hours on 3G, up to 316 hours on 2G; Audio Playback: up to 60 hours; Video PlayBack: up to 11 hours.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light sensor.
- Connectivity: NFC microUSB microHDMI-Out Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy.
- Size (LxWxD): 130 x 65.6 x 9 mm.