Facebook has tweaked its news feed algorithm that it surfaces stories that the user might have missed and would have wanted to read. The main idea is that the new algorithms will surface stories that will be interesting to the user and the news feed itself acts more like a personalized newspaper. So, may it be a photo, a status or shared link, if the algorithm deems it to be interesting for the user then it will rank it higher so that the user does not miss it. Also Read - How to hide likes on Instagram, Facebook if you don't want social media validation
According to early tests conducted by Facebook, users are 5 percent more likely to engage in a friends post, 8 percent more likely to engage with a brand or publishers post and shows an overall increase of 13 percent in consumption of content that surfaces on the news feed. Also Read - Happy Friendship Day 2021: How to send Friendship Day wishes Stickers on WhatsApp
The news feed is one of the oldest features of the social network and is 7 years old. In March, Facebook made the elements (photos, music and stories) of the news feed larger, giving it a more newspaper like feel, and this tweak is an extension of the same philosophy. Also Read - Facebook is finally bringing 'smart glasses' in collaboration with Ray-Ban
Now more stories will be bumped up on the web and this feature has been rolled out the Facebook web interface, and will soon appear on its mobile apps.