Relatives of a 23-year-old woman from northwest China have claimed that she died after being electrocuted while using her iPhone. The older sister of victim, Ailun, said on Sina Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter, that Ma was electrocuted while trying to answer a call on her iPhone while the device was charging, Xinhua reported. Also Read - iPhone SE 3 likely to bring some interesting specs at a budget, release timeline out
“(I) hope that Apple Inc can give us an explanation. I also hope that all of you will refrain from using your mobile devices while charging,” her post read. The post has gone viral online, with many forwarding the message and warning others of the dangers of using mobile devices while they are being charged. Also Read - iPhone sales record 150 percent growth in India during Q3 2021: Report
Ma’s father, Ma Guanghui, confirmed that his daughter was electrocuted, adding that her body showed signs of electrocution. Ma, a resident of Xinjiang’s city of Changji, was previously employed as a flight attendant at China Southern Airlines. Ma’s sister said she hopes to seek justice from Apple. Also Read - Bitcoin scammers targeting iPhone users via dating apps: How to identify such scams, tips to stay safe
Apple said Sunday the company felt “deeply sorry for the unfortunate accident” and expressed condolence to the victim and her family. It said it would have a thorough probe into the case.