Google India has announced its third Doodle4Google contest that invites children to create doodles that will grace Google India’s homepage on Children’s Day on November 14. This year’s theme is ‘India’s gift to the world’ and children in the age-group of 5-16 years can participate. The winning entry will receive a laptop with an year’s Internet subscription as well as a Rs 200,000 technology grant for the school the winner represents. The bigger deal, of course, would be having their creation adorn Google India’s homepage for an entire day. Hit the break to find out how to register and submit your doodles. Also Read - Happy Father's Day 2021: Google Doodle wishes dads with cute pop-up greeting card
Google Invites children to ‘Doodle’ on its India home page Also Read - UEFA Euro 2020: Colourful Google Doodle kicks off European Football Championship
Announces the launch of the third Doodle4Google Competition 2011 in India Also Read - Google celebrates Hollywood actor, singer and dancer Shirley Temple with animated Doodle
New Delhi, September 12, 2011: At Google we love to play!- even with our corporate logo. To celebrate scientific and artistic achievements, festivals and historic events, we keep redesigning our logo. Google’s Doodle is an inspiration for many young children and seeing their continuous enthusiasm to contribute to the world of ‘Doodles’, we are happy to announce the commencement of the third Doodle 4 Google competition in India which will also mark Children’s Day celebrations on 14th November 2011.
We are inviting children from across the country to participate in this exciting ‘doodling’ competition and get a chance to feature their ‘doodle’ on 14th November 2011 on www.google.co.in. The competition is open for all children from the age group of 5 to 16 years. This year, our chosen theme is ‘India’s gift to the world’.
In addition to the winner’s doodle appearing on Google.co.in on Nov 14, 2011, the star Doodler will receive a technology starter package which will include a laptop, an year’s Internet connection and a Rs 2,00,000 technology grant for the school that he or she will represent.
Announcing the launch of the third D4G contest, Nikhil Rungta, Country Marketing Head, Google India, said, “Doodle4Google has become a global platform giving young children an opportunity to showcase their talent globally. In India, we have noticed great enthusiasm amongst children toward the Doodle4Google competition. Last year the competition crossed the 100,000 mark from just 4500 entries in the 1st year and we expect it to grow much higher this year.”
Just like last year, the participants will be clubbed in three different categories- 1st to 3rd Standard, 4th to 6th Standard and 7th to 10th Standard. Top Indian art schools will select the top 200 entries from each category which will be reviewed by a panel of judges. The judges will then shortlist 15 doodles from each category, bringing it down to a total of 45 final Doodles.
All the final entries will be exhibited for public voting and based on the number of votes, one winner from each category will be selected. Each of the winners will receive a technology starter kit which consists of a laptop and an Internet connection. Dennis Hwang, the original Google Doodler, will then choose the final winning Doodle from the total 45 finalists.
Participating in the competition is simple:
- Children studying in class 1st to 10th can participate in the competition. These will be divided into three categories- 1st to 3rd Standard; 4th to 6th Standard and; 7th to 10th Standard
- All participants must register on the website (www.google.co.in/doodle4google). The submission may be either individually or through the school. The school route is valid only if the school is organizing to collect and submit the doodles on behalf of their students.
- Last date for submissions is 15th September, 2011.
- After a series of elimination by celebrity panel of judges, 45 best Doodles will be displayed on the gallery (www.google.co.in/doodle4google). These entries will be open for public voting allowing users to vote for their favorite Doodle in each category.
- This year we will have 3 winners in total one from each group
- Winning Doodle will be uploaded on the Google.co.in homepage on 14th November 2011, Children’s Day and all the winners will get a Technology Starter Package.
So gather those art supplies. All it takes to enter is a drawing on paper using your favorite medium (crayons, markers, colored pencils, whatever!) –
For information about the contest and to download/print material for use, log onto: www.google.co.in/doodle4google