Google has finally released a launcher that brings easy access to Google Now on Android devices. The Google Now launcher is now available on the Play Store that brings Google Now to all devices running on Android 4.1 and upwards. Also Read - Google Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro launches with Tensor chip, Android 12 starting at $599
With the Google Now launcher, users will be able to access Google Now by simply swiping from left to right on the homescreen. The launcher also lets users use the “Ok Google” command from the homescreen. Also Read - Google Pixel 6 Pro pricing, specs leaked via Amazon UK listing: Check details
You can download the Google Now launcher from here. Also Read - Pokemon Unite was the most downloaded mobile game globally in Sep with approx 33 million installs
Here’s the description of the launcher:
Upgrade the launcher on your device to make Google Now one swipe away. From your primary home screen, swipe right to access Google Now cards that give you just the right information, at just the right time.
Available on all devices with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or later.
• Google Now on your home screen – it’s easier than ever to get just the right information at just the right time.
• Just say “Ok Google” – when you’re on your home screen, just say “Ok Google” to trigger voice input. Then say your search query. Or tell your phone what to do, like send a text message, get directions, or play a song.
• Faster search – tap the search box and you can enter your query immediately.
• Easy access to your favorite Google products and services, like Gmail, YouTube, and Maps.
• Larger viewing area – the status and navigation bars are now translucent, so your wallpaper pops from every pixel, and is even visible when you expand your apps drawer (when supported by device).
• Intuitive wallpaper picker – select any image that’s stored on your device, or in the cloud. Position and preview your wallpaper before you set it.