Google has announced that it will be rolling out a new design for the web version of Google drive. This new design will bring the Google Drive design on parity with the new design that Google rolled out for Gmail about two weeks back. In addition to the usual design changes, the company is also rolling out small changes in functionality. Also Read - Free Fire Max launch in October: Better graphics, minimum requirements, Firelink technology and moreAlso Read - Google Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro: Design, camera, colours, launch date, every rumour you need to know Also Read - Epic Games vs Apple: Court wants Apple to allow developers use alternative payment methods
The new design matches the latest material design principles that Google has established to improve the design of all its products. The company added a post on its G Suite Updates blog to detail all the changes that it has made in the Drive UI.
We have added the list of changes that Google highlighted in its blog post. The changes include:
- Google has changed the logo on the top left to that of Google Drive logo.
- If users have added a custom company logo then that is now available in the top right corner
- The company has moved the Settings icon and Help Center icon to keep it in line with the search bar.
- Page background has been changed to white in place of gray.
- Google has changed the font used in the header along with an updated New button.
Google clarified that it has released the new design to the Rapid Release stream of users. “Rapid Release” cycle is one of the two release cycles according to Google and it applies to all the consumer public users.
Watch: How to install Android P Beta on select smartphones
The “Scheduled Release” will come in 2 weeks after the initial launch which is ideal for business owners and system administrators and the gap gives them enough time to prepare for the changes. The post also added that Google will roll out all the features within 1-3 days of initial feature visibility.