Pok mon GO fanatics will have to find something else to do on August 1 as hackers have planned to take the game down that day. Poodlecorp, a notorious hackers group, has threatened to take the game offline on August 1. Pok mon GO, which was officially launched on July 6, has taken the world by storm and its rage has been continuing ever since. Also Read - Holi Special Offer 2021: Garena Free Fire, Call of Duty, Free Fire, Ludo King celebrate festival of coloursAlso Read - Niantic announces India-exclusive Festival of Colours for Pokemon Go: Here are the details
Poodlecorp has threatened to take down the Pok mon GO servers with Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks. These DDoS attacks are an attempt to make a server or network unavailable to its users by overwhelming it with massive traffic from multiple sources. Poodlecorp in an interview with Keemstar said that they are doing this just for fun. These hackers want to create chaos by doing so because chaos is entertainment, we like to p*ss people off because we can.
— PoodleCorp (@PoodleCorp) July 18, 2016
Tech.Mic reports that Poodlecorp will take down the servers of Pok mon GO globally for more than 20 hours with “a massive botnet consisting of about 600,000 devices ranging from DVRs to routers to cameras to computers to dedicated servers.” They also said that none of the team members play the game and that their botnet is worth more than Niantic Labs, the developers behind the uber popular augmented reality game.
Interestingly, Poodlecorp has claimed responsibility for taking down the Pok mon GO servers on Saturday last week. But another hackers group OurMine had also claimed the responsibility of the attack, which caused the Pok mon GO servers to go down for a few hours. Do you think Poodlecorp will be successful in taking the Pok mon GO servers down? Or will Niantic figure out a way to stop this from happening? Let s wait it out till August 1.