Android Pie has been put since months, but there are still many smartphones awaiting last year’s Android Oreo update. One such device is the Honor 8, but the company has finally announced an update. Honor has announced the deployment of EMUI 8.0 based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
The Honor 8 was launched a couple of years back, and it offered excellent value-for-money with attractive design and dual rear-cameras. Now, MySmartPrice reveals many Honor 8 users in India have started receiving the EMUI 8.0 update based on Android 8.0 Oreo. The update brings with it improvements to the phone’s working capabilities, safety, and performance.
The list of changes include:
1) Updated Settings menu. Now the system’s root menu interface has become even simpler: the number of items in the menu has been reduced from 26 to 13.
2) Added Picture-in-Picture mode. Due to this feature, users will be able to work simultaneously with several applications.
3) Added “smart” text selection. This feature will help you perform a task directly from just selecting any text info.
4) The list of Emoji sets is expanded with 60 new ones
5) Now you can customize access to applications directly from the lock screen
6) The design of some app icons on the interface has changed.
The new version has the build number EMUI 188.8.131.523. The update is available through the OTA, but it is rolling out in batches. It is recommended to turn on “Firmware Finder” option to get the notification when the update will be available for your device.