HP has launched the Z1 27-inch all-in-one workstation in India which will set back consumers by Rs 99,990. Unlike, most workstations the Z1 provides impressive ergonomics to professionals working in confined spaces and also facilitates unprecedented customization. Also Read - This Thunderbolt vulnerability puts millions of PCs in danger
Built using HP’s modular design learnings from BMW, the Z1 touts tool less swapability of internal components and impressive upgrade readiness. Also Read - Google Chrome 70 is rolling out for Windows, Mac, and Linux with better sign-in status, extension privacy, AV1 and more
Inside of the 27-inch all-in-one frame HP has managed to pack in an Intel Xeon processor , professional Nvidia Quadro graphics and HP’s very own professional grade IPS monitor with one billion colors. Just to give some perspective to the this display, the next best color gamut is 16.7 million colors. Other features of this system include dual cone front facing speakers with SRS surround sound. Also Read - Chrome OS version 69 brings refreshed 'Material Theme' design, Linux app support
Besides this HP also launched its new Z820, Z620 and Z420 workstations which support features like 512GB of expandable ECC memory (RAM), support for 16 processing cores with workstations running two processors, and Nvidia Quadro 6000 and 5000 series of professional graphics cards.
HP offers users to install Linux, Windows 7 or even the Rat Hat variant of Linux. HP hopes apart from its enterprise market, these machines will be gobbled by professional photographers, sound engineers and media organizations where tasks in relation to content creation and broadcast are involved.
These machines start at the price points of Rs 49,990 and go up to Rs 89,990. Of course, as these workstations are tailored for custom purposes these prices may differ according to the customization of the user. In the meanwhile checkout the tech specs of the HP Z1 below.
- Operating system: Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 32, Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64, HP Installer Kit for Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (drop-in-the-box only), HP Installer Kit for Linux includes drivers for both 32-bit & 64-bit version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 5, and 64-bit Novell SLED 11
- Processor: Intel® Xeon® E3-1280 (3.50 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E3-1245 with Intel HD Graphics P3000 (3.30 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores), Intel® Core™ i3-2120 with Intel HD Graphics 2000 (3.30 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
- Chipset: Intel® C206
- Memory: maximum Up to: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Unbuffered SDRAM 4 DIMM slots, supporting up to 32GB ECC or 8GB non-ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1600 MHz. The CPU determines the speed at which the memory is clocked. If a 1333MHz capable CPU is used in the system, the maximum speed the memory will run at is 1333MHz regardless of the specified speed of the memory.Memory slots: 4 DIMM
- Internal drives: SATA (10000 rpm) From: 300 GB Up to: 600 GB SATA (7200 rpm) From: 250 GB Up to: 2 TB
- SATA Solid State Drive From: 160 GB Up to: 300 GB
- Optical drive: Slim slot-load SATA Blu-ray writer, Slim slot-load SATA DVD+/-RW
- Display: 27″ diagonal IPS LED Backlit HP Widescreen Monitor (2560 x 1440) with up to 1.07 billion colors supported (through A-FRC technology) and 2 MP 1080p webcam
- Ports: 2 USB 3.0, 7 USB 2.0, 1 4-in-1 media card reader, 1 headphone, 1 microphone, 1 IEEE 1394a, 1 DisplayPort, 1 RJ-45, 1 optical S/PDIF, 1 subwoofer out, 1 audio line in, 1 audio line out, 3 of 7 USB 2.0 are internal
- Slots: 1 MXM, 3 mini PCIe (full-length), MXM dedicated for graphics
- Network interface: Integrated Intel 802.11 a/g/n Wireless LAN & Bluetooth Combo Card, Card is factory installed into miniPCIe slot 1.
- Audio: Integrated High Definition IDT 92HD91, SRS Premium Sound, HP Digital Mic Array
- Power: 400W 90% efficient power supply – wide ranging active PFC
Dimensions (W x D x H) :66.04 x 41.91 x 58.42 cm With stand
- Weight: Starting at 21.32 kg