The HTC One is finally official. Yes, all the leaks of the past few weeks were true and we are indeed looking at HTC’s first smartphone with an “ultrapixel” camera. It looks every bit like the leaked render and we are indeed talking about a 4.7-inch full HD 1080p display with a pixel density of 468PPI in a unibody machine chiselled chassis. Also Read - HTC One (M8) vs HTC One (M7): Here's what's new
It is powered by a 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600 chipset, the same as the one used in the LG Optimus G Pro, which was announced earlier. But the big deal, HTC hopes, will be its camera, which is in HTC CEO Peter Chou’s words, “a bold step forward.” Letting go of the megapixel race, the HTC One has a 4-megapixel BSI sensor and a f/2.0 lens, which the company claims allows 300 percent more light for better images and low-light capturing. It remains to be seen if consumers buy into the UltraPixel claim. Also Read - HTC One (M8) unboxing video leaked by retailer, goes on sale unofficially for $1,000 ahead of launch
The HTC One also brings the new Sense UI, which HTC calls a BlinkFeed. HTC has tied up with over 1,400 news organizations to enable an always-live, customized information for the user’s snacking needs. It also brings BoomSound by becoming the first smartphones with stereo speakers on the front. Also Read - Can HTC go One better?
HTC will be launching the product globally starting in March and has tied with RCom as its Indian carrier partner, though it should also be available factory unlocked.
HTC One key specifications:
- SIZE: 137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3mm.
- DISPLAY: 4.7 inch, Full HD 1080p, 468 PPI.
- WEIGHT: 143g.
- CPU SPEED: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 600, quad-core, 1.7GHz.
- MEMORY: 32GB/64GB, 2 GB DDR2 RAM.
- CONNECTIVITY: 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, NFC capable, Compliant with Bluetooth 4.0, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX™ enabled, Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n, DLNA for wirelessly streaming media from the phone to a compatible TV or computer, Support consumer infrared remote control, micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection (Special cable required for HDMI connection.).
- REAR CAMERA: HTC UltraPixel Camera, BSI sensor, Pixel size 2.0 µm, Sensor size 1/3′, Dedicated HTC ImageChip™ 2, F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), Smart Flash: Five levels of flash automatically set by distance to subject, HDR Video, Continuous shooting and VideoPic, Slow motion video recording with variable speed playback, HTC Zoe™ with HTC Zoe™ Highlights and HTC Zoe™ Share, Retouch with Object Removal, Group Retouch, and Sequence Shot.
- FRONT CAMERA: 2.1 MP, 880 wide angle lens with HDR capability, 1080p Full HD video recording for both front and back cameras.
- BATTERY: 2300 mAh LiPo battery.