Also Read - Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Long-term Review
In its latest report—2013 India Digital Future in Focus— ComScore has some interesting findings. According to the report, three-quarters of India’s online population is under 35. Below are a few more findings that give you an idea of the Indian online population demographic. Also Read - OnePlus India partners American Express for cashback deals, EMI offers and more
Riding on a 31 percent year-on-year increase, India’s online population grew to 73.9 million. With an extended online universe in excess of 145 million, the market is at a tipping point for online businesses. Other interesting observations are as follows; Also Read - India bans 43 more Chinese apps over security concerns
- Younger males and women aged 35-44 emerge as power users
- Three-quarters of India’s online population is under 35.
- Males in the segment and women aged 35-44 are amongst the heaviest users
- 60 percent of web users in India visit online retail sites.
- Social Networks capture the largest percentage of consumers’ time in the region.
- Facebook continues to be the number one social network with a 28 percent increase in traffic and a reach of 86 percent.
- LinkedIn emerges as number two, while Pinterest and Tumblr are the fastest growing networks.
- The online video audience in India grew an astounding 27 percent in the past year, YouTube continues to be the top video property with more than 55percent share.
- International publishers including Facebook, Yahoo and Dailymotion get a majority of the 54 million who watched videos.
Local content is distributed mainly through the YouTube platform dominated by Bollywood.