Narendra Modi’s latest tweet from China reiterates the Prime Minister’s weird penchant for selfies. On his visit to China, Modi was spotted taking selfies with various people on several occasions. The latest selfie tweet published is with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang thanking him for his hospitality. The tweet has Modi squealing, “It’s selfie time! Thanks Premier Li” on the social media platform testifying his odd selfie obsession. Also Read - India vs Pakistan ICC T20 World Cup 2021 match today: How to watch online for free
It’s selfie time! Thanks Premier Li. pic.twitter.com/DSCTszSnq3 Also Read - Tesla should make EVs in India to seek tax benefits: Niti Aayog suggests
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 15, 2015 Also Read - Apple removes a popular Quran app in China: Know reason
During his visit in China, Modi was spotted taking selfies a few times.
— Karann Shah (@Karann_Shah) May 15, 2015
— Newsroompost.com (@newsroompostind) May 15, 2015
— Vikas Swarup (@MEAIndia) May 15, 2015
If the China visit is not enough, here’s a small recap on all the selfies Modi has taken since he took the Prime Minister’s oath.
1. This one with the CNES students in Toulouse when he visited the Airbus plant during his France visit.
2. Here’s one with Fiji PM Frank Bainimarama.
3. During the elections, his party BJP had launched the ‘selfie booth’, and had even launched a dedicated app that enabled voters to take a selfie with the future PM. Here’s Modi’s iconic selfie after voting in Ahmedabad.
4. When in Australia, Modi clicked a customary selfie with PM Tony Abbot.
5. You get the drift. Here’s Modi with the students of Queensland University of Technology (QUT).
6. If he isn’t tweeting from his own handle, Modi is posing for a selfie with other influentials.
7. The PM even wished Chetan Bhagat on his birthday with a selfie.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) April 22, 2014
8. Here’s Modi posing for a selfie with Shraddha Kapoor and Aditya Roy Kapoor
This pic is going to be cherished 4evr!The most precious opportunity to meet our beloved PM yday!More power to him! pic.twitter.com/d72FW6rbWF
— ShraddhaVINNIEKapoor (@ShraddhaKapoor) October 26, 2014
9. Modi poses for a selfie with Poonam Mahajan soon after BJP won many seats in Mumbai.
— Poonam Mahajan (@poonam_mahajan) April 21, 2014
10. However, the cutest one is Modi taking blessings from his mother post his election win, while simultaneously also holding his smartphone to tweet out a selfie.
Sought blessings from my Mother pic.twitter.com/OegXhartLx
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 16, 2014
Modi even got into trouble with the election commission when he tweeted a selfie showing his marked finger and BJP’s lotus logo after casting his vote.
During campaigning for elections, the BJP had also set up selfie booths where citizens could get their selfies clicked with Modi.