LG Electronics has announced the Optimus UI 3.0 for Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, which will debut with the incoming Optimus 4X smartphone in June. Optimus UI 3.0 brings with it an array of enhanced key features, including Quick Memo and unique unlock functions, among other new features and functions aimed at improving LG smartphone experience. Also Read - Google ends support for Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
.Some of the notable features of the new LG UI are as follows: Also Read - Sony Xperia E and Xperia E dual announced
- The ability to unlock the phone by dragging anywhere on the screen.
- A new Pattern Lock that allows users to preset the most frequently used function, such as the camera, which automatically opens once the phone is unlocked.
- A simpler version of Optimus UI 3.0 for new smartphone users which organizes the main applications so that they are the easiest to access.
- A new Voice Shutter that allows users to capture photos using only voice commands.
- A special camera feature that enables users to pick up the best shot among multiple images including the moment just before the shutter button is depressed.
- An Icon Customizer that provides an additional level of personalization by allowing users to set their own photos as icons and shortcut images.
- The addition of a download category to the menu for easier organization.