A passenger s mobile phone caught fire at a Delhi metro station today leading to minor smoke. The incident occurred around 12 noon at Mandi House station. Also Read - 89% gamers in India prefer PC gaming over mobile gaming: Reveals HP Gaming reportAlso Read - Union Budget 2021: Phones to get expensive in India as custom duty on some parts increased
The mobile phone of Mrityunjay Singh (29) caught fire in the concourse area of the metro station, a senior official said. There were no injuries reported as Singh threw his phone on the floor as soon as he saw fumes coming out of it. Also Read - 22-year-old man dies as mobile phone explodes while charging
Immediately, he said, an on-duty CISF officer brought in a fire extinguisher and put out the fire. A small group of passengers gathered at the spot, but no one was injured, he said. ALSO READ: Samsung Galaxy J7 emits smoke in Jet Airways flight in India
Singh was heading towards the escalator when the phone started emitting smoke. It is unclear if the phone was a feature phone or a smartphone and what exactly caused it to catch fire.
With inputs from PTI