A Motorola phone has reportedly burst into flames when it was put on charge. A Moto E3 Power user from Haryana said that the smartphone was on charge for 20 minutes before the phone started emitting smoke.
According to Android Junglee, owner Sachin Yadav is said to have kept his Moto E3 power for charging using the bundled charger. However, after 20 odd minutes, the smartphone started emitting smoke. The user has also shared photos showing the phone with a melted battery and back cover. According to reports the owner did contact the company but hasn’t received any response from them till now.
In a statement to 91mobiles, Motorola said, “We are contacting the customer and investigating the situation. Motorola batteries are tested in our own labs, in addition to official certification which is performed by third-party labs, consistent with industry practice. The internal testing provides an additional level beyond industry standards. Additionally, we work directly with our suppliers to ensure manufacturing testing, materials, and design consistently produce high-quality batteries.” ALSO READ: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 allegedly explodes in user’s pocket; company launches investigation
— Sachin Yadav (@technologers) October 24, 2017
Recently, there have been many cases of phones exploding. Recently, a Reliance JioPhone allegedly exploded in Kashmir while it was charging. The company, however, has called it a “case of intentional sabotage”. ALSO READ: Samsung Galaxy J7 emits smoke in Jet Airways flight in India