Motorola today started sending out invites for an event on September 18. It will be a joint-event held by Motorola and Intel, which could mean the launch of an Intel-powered smartphone. The two companies had announced their intentions to launch a smartphone on Intel’s silicon at CES earlier this year.
This would make Motorola one of the first tier-one brands to launch a smartphone running Intel’s Medfield Atom chipset. The invite says “let us take you to the edge”, which could mean a thin smartphone with an edge-to-edge display. September is turning out to be one hell of a month with Nokia and HTC launching their first Windows Phone 8 smartphones and of course, Apple’s next iPhone. Motorola is also planning an event on September 5 with Verizon. Having said that, let’s not get excited considering Motorola is exiting India.