The OnePlus 5 is all set to launch in India today. The flagship device was first launched for global markets earlier this week, and today, it will be going on sale in India. In the run up to the event, nearly everything about the smartphone has leaked, leaving little to imagination. With the global launch out of the way, the only thing remaining for us to find out is how OnePlus prices the device in India. With the launch event set to kick off in just over an hour, stick around for all live updates from the launch event. Also Read - OnePlus could soon come under Oppo's shelter, suggests new leaked documentAlso Read - OnePlus Nord N200 to get just one Android OS update but 3 years of maintenance patches
https://twitter.com/AliusPardius/status/877832565641670656 Also Read - OnePlus phones in future will continue to run OxygenOS despite merger with Oppo: Report
- So it has been revealed. The OnePlus 5 is priced at Rs 32,999 for the variant with 64GB storage and 6GB RAM. The other variant with 128GB storage and 8GB RAM is priced at Rs 37,999.
- OnePlus is launching two new backpacks in colors including space black and morandi gray.
- Along with the OnePlus 5, the company will be launching a bunch of covers. These include, ebony, rosewood, sandstone, and karbon.
- While OnePlus has revealed it before, it has just been confirmed that the OnePlus 5 will be exclusively available via Amazon India. Buyers can take advantage of a bunch of launch day offers. The e-commerce company reveals that there have been more than a million notify me requests for the OnePlus 5.
- In India, OnePlus is working with Paytm for a payment feature called ‘Quick Pay’. With this feature enabled, all you need to do is put your finger on the fingerprint sensor to fire up the payment app.
- As for display, the OnePlus 5 flaunts a 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED display, running at full HD (1920×1080 pixels) resolution. There’s a dedicated Reading Mode, wherein the screen changes its temperature to warm, as a yellow-ish screen is easier on our eyes.
- It’s now time for the operating system. The OnePlus 5 runs on Android Nougat-based Oxygen OS.
- Here’s a look at the specifications that power the OnePlus 5.
- Now it is time for the OnePlus 5’s battery, especially the support for Dash Charging. OnePlus says its proprietary charging tech can give a day’s worth of juice in just half hour.
- OnePlus is now talking about the cameras, which is clearly the USP of the OnePlus 5. At the back, the smartphone comes with a dual-camera setup at the back, which includes a pair of 16-megapixel and 20-megapixel snappers. Users will be able to choose between camera features like dual camera zoom, and portrait mode among others. The last feature is something the company is really focussing on, and it is comparing results with smartphones like the iPhone 7 Plus, Google Pixel, and Samsung Galaxy S8 to name a few.
- OnePlus boasts that its new smartphone has the most powerful specification sheet of 2017. The OnePlus 5 features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC, and its network connectivity is supported around the globe. The battery on the OnePlus 5 is 3,300mAh battery and also supports Dash Charge support. The rest of the specifications include a 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED display, up to 128GB internal storage, dual-camera setup, and two RAM options (6GB and 8GB).
- The OnePlus 5 will be available in two colors — midnight black and slate grey.
- While OnePlus goes through each and every aspect of the OnePlus 5’s design, there is no denying that the smartphone looks a lot like the Apple iPhone 7 Plus. Unlike the iPhone 7 Plus though, the OnePlus 5 retains the 3.5mm audio jack.
- Now the focus moves to design, which has clearly been one of the most controversial aspects of the OnePlus 5.
- The OnePlus 5 has been three years in the making, and the company describes it as its most complete and competitive smartphone yet.
- The first phase of the launch event is focussed on how OnePlus as a company came to be, and what are its principles behind creating a smartphone.
- And the OnePlus 5 launch event is on its way…
- OnePlus continues with the teasers with videos on select people talking about different aspects of the OnePlus 5. Still no sight of the phone yet though.
- OnePlus is building up the hype around the OnePlus 5’s camera with a bunch of videos that are focussed on its capabilities.
- OnePlus launch event is set to kick off at 2:00PM IST, and you check online live streaming links here.
- Just ahead of the launch, here s a detailed look at everything you need to possibly know about the OnePlus 5.