OnePlus 6 users who have applied for Android 9.0 Pie beta program are now receiving the Open Beta 3 via an OTA update. OnePlus announced that its OnePlus 6 users will be eligible for the Open Beta of the new Android 9.0 Pie earlier this month, and have since released three builds, upgrading and fixing the bugs that exist. The new Open Beta 3 update majorly contains some bug fixes, stability improvement as well as some other interesting improvements.
OnePlus 6 users can expect an improvement in face unlock and fingerprint scanner performance, and OnePlus has now added support for Google Assistant, and other third-party assistants as well. These can be launched by pressing the power button for about half-a-second. The company has also extended its Parallel apps support to Telegram, Discord, IMO, Uber, and OLA. While the OnePlus Switch app has been improved as well. Google Pay still has some stability issues and is not working yet.
OnePlus 6 Android 9.0 Pie Open Beta 3 changlog
– Fixed stability issues with ambient display
– Improved stability for face unlock and fingerprint scanner
– Added support to launch Google assistant or other third party assistant app by holding power – – button for 0.5 seconds
– Added support for more apps (Telegram ,Discord,IMO, Uber, OLA) in parallel APPS
OnePlus Switch v2.1.0
– Added manual connection method if unable to connect switch with QR code on the old device
– Supported backup and recovery for application data including home screen, lock screen and APP layout
– Bug fixes and support for more Android models
WATCH: OnePlus 6 Red First Look
– Some applications may not function as expected when running on this beta version
– Google Pay service is not working