OnePlus has already created a lot of hype globally around its “flagship killer” smartphone, the OnePlus One. The Shenzhen-based company had earlier hinted that it would be interested in launching in India, though details were quite sketchy at the time. Today, we have yet another hint about the company’s intentions to enter the Indian market.
The company has posted a job opening for a general manager in India on its forum.
We understand that the excitement about OnePlus is real, but don’t think we’re slacking off just because we haven’t made any major announcements. In the past few months we’ve seen some amazing traction. We know that Indian customers have very high demands and expectations, which is why we’ve been working hard behind the scenes to take OnePlus to India.
A key figure to our success in India will be our General Manager who will help us set up the India team and operations. Today, we’re announcing that we’re hiring for this position. Like any other company, we’re looking for experience, brains, and perseverance – but none of this matters if we don’t share the same dreams or connect on culture.
We need your help to source the crazy talent that will help build OnePlus into an Indian success story. Please have a look at our job description, and share it with whomever you think might be a good fit.
Together, we’ll change the trajectory of the Indian tech scene.
Here’s the job description for the position:
We’ve seen tremendous interest from India in the OnePlus One, but to enter the market we’ll need the help of a local visionary. You will be the sun, the light that leads OnePlus into the Indian market; the center of orbit for all projects, operations, and service; the ambassador that spreads the OnePlus brand across India like a wildfire.
Personality counts as much as experience here. We’re looking for a leader that knows the market, sees issues before they arise, and coordinates resourceful and seamless solutions. The right candidate will successfully incorporate their local knowledge, global experience, and natural talent into building OnePlus operations and brand awareness in India. This position requires authority, leadership, and resolve when things get rough. We need you to weather the storm with us. Are you confident in your abilities and naturally inclined to make things work better around you?
- Be the face of OnePlus India, lead and engage our Indian community, represent and grow our brand.
- Listen to Indian customers; ensure the highest standards of service and product support are met.
- Act as our company ambassador, the voice of OnePlus, the main contact point for the customer.
- Establish and sustain relationships with media in India, assist with planning and organizing events.
- Find unique local avenues through which to spread awareness about the OnePlus brand and products.
- Create monthly and quarterly reports outlining operations, finance, and marketing activities.
- Build a local team of function specific experts to grow OnePlus India operations.
- Align local activities and collaborate with departments at our home office (marketing, logistics, etc.) to coordinate smooth daily operations in India. Report directly to OnePlus HQ in Shenzhen.
- Fluency in English, Hindi, Tamil. Intimate understanding of India’s unique geographies and cultures.
- Degree from a top school, PMP certification preferred.
- 6+ years of general management experience working for a tier-1 company.
- Deep understanding of operations, finance, marketing, and logistics.
- Expertise/Experience in: ecommerce, logistics, customer service, marketing, mobile products.
- Proven leader with vision, resourcefulness, intellect, and humility.
- Tech enthusiast, intimately familiar with mobile trends, industry and competitive dynamics.
- Strong analytical ability; data-driven approach to understanding and solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, independent thinker, can manage effectively under stress.
Calling all crazy smart brains, relentless hustlers and evil geniuses. Join OnePlus in our quest to change the world through amazing products and disruptive business models. Be a part of the founding team of a rocket ship taking off in an insane way.