Watch as a phone explode inside man’s front pocket in a Mumbai restaurant

The incident was captured by a CCTV camera in the restaurant where the man jumped from his seat when he realized that the phone had exploded.

  • Updated: June 6, 2018 3:54 PM IST
Explosion 805px

Smartphones have gradually taken the center stage when it comes to our daily lives. We depend on them for everything from waking up in the morning to navigating to our office or college while keeping a tab on the traffic situation, to occasional music, clicking photos and even completing office work and emails. We have grown to depend on our smartphones for accessing news or sharing content on social media, and last but not least, we have been dependent on these devices to keep in touch with our family and friends.

However, imagine if your trusted device is lost with all your data and essential apps got with it? Feel the pain and inconvenience caused by living a few days without a smartphone. Now, once you are done, Imagine if you are in a restaurant with the same smartphone in your front pocket and it starts smoking. Would you be shocked that the smartphone has caught fire or feel sad that you lost all the data stored in the phone and that you will have to stay without a smartphone for coming days if not weeks?

The same thing happened to a man who was out for lunch in a restaurant in Bhandup area in Mumbai. The incident was captured by a CCTV in the restaurant where the man jumped from his seat when he realizes that the phone has exploded.

He goes on to take out the phone from his shirt pocket and runs out of the place. According to a report by India Today, the person in question sustained minor injuries and was admitted to a nearby hospital.

The report did not mention the model number or the name of the smartphone brand or company that is responsible for making the device. However, the good news is that there was no loss of life or any critical injuries in this incident. This explosion of a smartphone is not an isolated incident, and a number of such instances have taken place in the past, including a tragic incident in March this year involving a Nokia 5233 that took a person’s life.

  • Published Date: June 6, 2018 3:54 PM IST
  • Updated Date: June 6, 2018 3:54 PM IST