Samsung has predicted that wearable technology ‘will create a new era of power dressing’ in 2015.According to the technology giant, the business leaders of our decade will rely on connected wearables “to stay ‘always-on,'” and the first wave of that change will be smartwaches, of which Samsung already has five different varieties.
The prediction is supported by the company’s research into business attitudes, which found that 47 percent of wearable tech users felt more intelligent, 61 percent felt more informed and efficient, and 37 percent claimed that the wearable helped with their career development.
The top 5 predictions by Samsung are:
1. Wearable technology will create a new era of power dressing for business leaders
2. People will restructure their working lives around personal “Power Hours” – as technology reveals peak performance times
3. Virtual reality technology and the innovative use of displays will lead to a new generation of digital shops, allowing retailers to overcome space constraints and high rent
4. Automated home systems will move from ‘geek’ to ‘chic’ driven by a dramatically improved user experience
5. Every child born in the next 12 months will learn coding as a core subject alongside numeracy and literacy