Chinese team TaiG has release the jailbreak for iOS devices running on iOS 8.3. The team has released the jailbreak tool for Windows and it is compatible with iPhones, iPads and iPod touch.
Before you go jailbreaking your iOS devices, TaiG warns that Jay Freeman (saurik) has yet to update Cydia Substrate/Mobile Substrate to be compatible with the latest jailbreak so many third-party add-ons won’t run. At the time of filing the story, a jailbreak tool for OS X hasn’t been released yet.
TaiG’s release notes for the jailbreak follows.
- Since Cydia Substrate (Mobile Substrate) is not compatible of iOS 8.2, 8.3, some plug-ins are not available after the jailbreak. Please wait patiently for its update.
- Because of the unique characteristics of jailbreak, please backup your data before jailbreak.
- Please turn off passcode and Find My iPhone before jailbreaking.
- If there is a warning of “Storage Almost Full,” please run Cydia.
- If jailbreak failed, turn off Wi-Fi and try again. If failed again, please use TaiG Pro to restore and try to jailbreak again.
- TaiG Jailbreak V2.0.0 supports iOS 8.1.3-iOS 8.3 untethered jailbreak. Currently iOS 8.3 is relatively stable. So we strongly recommend you to update your device to iOS 8.3 with TaiG Pro before jailbreak.
Don’t worry if you are not successful in your first try, as the installation might take several attempts. TaiG says, “If jailbreak failed, turn off Wi-Fi and try again. If failed again, please use TaiG Pro to restore and try to jailbreak again.”
You can head over to the TaiG website to download the jailbreak for Windows. Here’s a handy tutorial on how to jailbreak your iOS device. It is highly recommended you back up all your data before you jailbreak your device.